Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Sucker for punishment

Yep, that's me. There is no other way to describe it. I would have to be to go out and buy a puppy when I am in the midst of toddler wrangling and baby growing. 

Meet Abbey! Isn't she a cutie?

We added this new addition to the family 4 weeks ago this Saturday, and she is an absolute delight! We have been wanting a dog for a while now, but have taken a long time in researching and deciding which breed of dog would fit into our growing family perfectly. I have always had dogs as pets growing up and have always wanted one for my own family. 

We decided on a Cavoodle (poodle x cavalier), as they are great with kids, loving, loyal, gentle natured and very easy to train. Abbey is such a cute, loving dog and is quickly becoming Mikayla's best friend. These two are inseparable, and you can always find them getting up to mischief together, leaving one very tired Mummy at the end of each day. I love seeing them together and can only imagine how their bond will grow as they both grow up together. Abbey has really helped Mikayla come out of her shell and has given her a lot more confidence with so many things. Plus it will be great for Mikayla to have a little friend to occupy her when this new bubby comes along.

Here are a few pics of the terrible two together -







3 comments:

Rita said...

OMG!! That is the cutest little puppy!!! Looks like Mikayla is being gentle with Abbey. Fantastic! You really are a glutton for punishment, though--and already had your hands full--but I can see why you wanted her. ;)

Where the Heart is said...

Oh Rita I know! Some days I just don't know what I was thinking, lol. I keep telling myself that the puppy stage doesn't last long. She is a cutie though and very loving. I can't wait to be able to take her out and about with us :)

Serena Lewis said...

Abbey is so adorable and I'm so happy to see Mikayla and Abbey becoming the best of friends. CUTE AS!!! xo