Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Growing, Nursery, Cloth Nappies and a Move

My beautiful daughter Mikayla is growing and developing in leaps and bounds. Some days I wake up and look at her and think "were you this big yesterday?". It is incredible how fast they learn and do new things. Mikayla is 3 1/2 months and loves to smile and laugh. She is such a happy baby which makes me a very happy Mummy. Her hand and eye coordination is getting really good now and she even had her first roll from back to tummy the other week. She loves to sit up, but hates to lie down unless it is on her play mat. She will endure tummy time for about 5 minutes before getting fed up with it and demand to be picked up. She loves her baths and showers with Mummy and she will talk your ear off almost all day long. Can you tell I am a proud Mumma?

I didn't realise that babies came with so much. I swear Mikayla has more stuff then I do. I am constantly buying new toys and books to keep her stimulated. We are fast running out of room in our small town house so Alex and I will be moving into a larger house next month. I can't wait!


Here are some pics of Mikayla's nursery before I pack it all away -


Mikayla currently sleeps in a bassinet beside my bed, but she is getting way to big for it now. As soon as we move she will be going into her cot which will be moved into our room. I couldn't stand having her in another room just yet. She usually sleeps from about 9pm till 7am at the moment which I love. She still has short naps throughout the day but her best sleep is at night. I love cloth nappies! My favourites are just the simple bamboo flat nappy with a PUL cover. I find they work the best for me. I love them more then the disposables and find they hold a lot more also. I found the disposables leaked through the longer sleeps at night and actually started to smell. I don't mind the washing and don't think it is harder in any way to use cloth. The only thing I use the disposables for is when Mikayla is wearing little jeans or tights where the bigger cloth nappies won't fit and look weird.


This is the bamboo flat nappy modelled by my beautiful girl



This is the nappy with a cover over the top



and this is my rolly polly baby :)



and here are a few more pics from this past month -


That smile just melts my heart!




My beautiful dughter and I on my Birthday



Mikayla and her Daddy



I set this photo up at home on my bed and thought it turned out really well



My cheeky Monkey


Well I could sit here and post pics of my gorgeous girl all day, but I just don't have the time. I have dinner cooking in the oven that's almost done and a baby I can here stirring from her sleep, so I must be off and hope to be back soon. Take care everyone :)

5 comments:

Rita said...

You'll be super busy soon with the move! How exciting! Mikayla IS getting bigger every day. You are so lucky to have her n this digital age so you can take lots of pictures and videos. At least I figure you must take videos. Even the phones have video on them these days. Take lots! You will love having them later on because they DO grow soooo fast!

And I have to say, Mikayla has a mom that looks like a model in that beautiful shot of the both of you! Can hardly wait to see pics of the new place. :)

Kristina said...

Your little one is so darling! I know you are a happy, proud mama :)

I love cloth diapers too! I used disposables for the first 10 days, and then have only used a handful since then (when we've forgotten to do laundry soon enough!). I'll probably use disposables (organic, natural kind) when we go on vacations to make it easier and more enjoyable!

And congrats on moving! I always love putting things into a new home.

Serena Lewis said...

I love how you set up the nursery, Shell...you have a decorator's touch for sure!

Awwwww...Mikayla makes my heart swell with love. What a beautiful little munchkin she is and what a fabulous job you did with the photos. I especially love the one you took of Mikayla with the big flower in her hair. Too cute!

Love,
Mum xo

Tat said...

She's very cute and your nursery looks very tidy. Just wait until Mikayla starts running around and pulling everything off the shelves ;)

Anonymous said...

Great post, Michelle!

The pics of the Nursery room look great, you really did a great job! I can't wait to see your new house, I'm sure it'll be pretty good!

Mikayla looks so adorable in all the photos you took of her! I love the pic of you and Mikayla, Alex and Mikayla and Mikayla with the big flower in her head band! I love it every time you bring Mikayla over, I never want leave her!

Love Brad!
xoxox