Thursday, November 18, 2010

35 weeks and 3D scan!

Less then 5 weeks to go now, whoop! I can't believe it. Sometimes it feels like time is going so slowly and it feels like I've been waiting an eternity to meet my beautiful daughter, but other times it feels like everything has gone so fast and I am running out of time to prepare.

I think I am going through a nesting stage at the moment. Not only am I getting buby's room ready but I am going over the house with a fine tooth come getting everything just how I want it. Redecorating and organising everything. I think I am running Alex raggard with all my job delegating these past few weeks.

I do have pics of how everything is coming along I have just been so slack at blogging about it. By the end of the day my feet are so swollen and sore I just want to lie down with them propped up on a pillow. My belly is getting so big and awkward as well. Sleep is becoming an uncomfortable struggle every night which is driving me insane! I am definitely looking forward to my bubs being cuddled up in my arms rather then sticking out of my belly at all angles. Awwwww, My heart gets so giddy when I think about her being here.

-----------


However I do have some other pics to share. Alex and I had a 3D scan session a couple of weeks ago where we got to actually see our beautiful girl on the inside. I originally wasn't wanting one done, but I just couldn't resist having a sneak peak, and I thought it would be a wonderful keepsake as well.

Seeing our daughter in such detail was the most wonderful, magical experience we have ever had. Alex and I couldn't believe the detail you could see.


She was so peaceful and content the whole time. We could even see her open her eyes quite a bit which the scan lady was impressed at and said was very good.


She liked sucking on the back of her hand a lot. Hopefully that's a good sign that she will be a good breast feeder.


Look as those chubby little cherub cheeks! The scan even showed she has her daddy's dimples which I was so happy about!!!



We got to take home a DVD of the whole scan which was really great! I have watched it a few times since and may have cried a little. I have the photos we got up around the house so I can always see her, and Alex and I even have key chains that the scan place made for us. The place we got it done at was wonderful. I loved the whole experience!

6 comments:

Kristina said...

That 3D scan is awesome! I decided not to get one, but now I stay awake wondering what she'll look like... I can't wait to meet her!

I know EXACTLY what you mean with your feet... I wake up and my feet are already swollen. By the end of the day they hurt and feel so weird to walk on when I take off my shoes! Sleep for me is alright, but I do wake up often to use the bathroom.

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,

I just LOVE your new post! I can't believe it isn't long now before that cute little baby girl in the scan photos will actually be born! I love the pics, especially the one of Mikayla sucking the back of her hand! I really can't wait to meet her, it's going to so good having a baby in the family again!

Love Brad!
xoxox

Tat said...

The photos are amazing! Makes me with I'd had a 3D scan.

Rita said...

OMGosh! I can totally relate to the nesting flurry and the trouble sleeping with a baby doing summersaults all night, but the 3D scan!!?? Amazing! Times have really changed. That blows my mind! Thanks for sharing her with us. :)

Serena Lewis said...

Awwwww...my little grand-daughter, Mikayla...sigh. She certainly does have cute, cherub cheeks...I'm sooooo anxious to hold her!

Love,
Mum xo

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Michelle Sweetie,
I am so sorry I haven't visited your blog but I didn't have the link. Now I just became a follower of it so all is well.
I can't believe how fast time has gone by that you are just 5 weeks away from having your angel.
Those 3D photos are AMAZING! What a cutie Mikayla is!
Lots of blessings from a speedy delivery.
Love and hugs